Cody Allen Thomas
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate Law
- Oil/Gas Title Work
Title Attorney and Assistant Vice President with over 10 years combined experience in real estate and oil and gas.
Attorney Cody Allen Thomas has participated in several oil and gas acquisitions, routinely examined, analyzed and advised clients on contracts, leases, warranty deeds, mineral deeds, assignments of leases, mortgages, liens, probate orders, quiet title judgments, and purchase and sale agreements. He has scheduled, planned, prioritized projects and oversaw internal departments in preparing and communicating all legal obligations and responsibilities required by clients to drill oil and gas wells.
Throughout Cody’s career, he has routinely and directly worked with tribal, local, state, and federal agencies including the, GRDA, Department of Tourism, BIA, BLM, CLO, numerous Board of County Commissioners and Oklahoma Corporation Commission.
Oklahoma City University, School of Law, Oklahoma City, OK
Juris Doctorate, 2011
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
Bachelor of Science: Agribusiness (Emphasis in Pre-Law), 2008
Current Employment Position
Past Employment Experience
- Assistant Vice President and Title Attorney, Grand River Abstract & Title Co.
In charge of business development, title opinions, and putting out fires. GRA has 35 full times employees and offices in 4 cities.
- Attorney and Landman, Lowry Land Services, Co., Inc., Oklahoma City, OK
November 2016 – August 2018
- Title Attorney, Munson & McMillin, P.C., Edmond, OK
September 2015 – October 2016
- Title Attorney, Elias, Books, Brown & Nelson, P.C., Oklahoma City, OK
July 2014 – August 2015
- Title Attorney, PrayWalker, P.C., Tulsa, OK
May 2013 – June 2014
- Attorney and Landman, Murray Land Services, Inc., Oklahoma City, OK
August 2011 – May 2013